This is my portfolio.Which has all my reflections for my middle school years. 09/10

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quarter 1



What was the activity?

The activity was done in virtual school. We had virtual school because of swine flu problems and we had to stay home and while we were home we had to do something useful so the school said we would have virtual school. The activity was that we had to go on blackboard the site which we had virtual school on and we had to view a video and talk about it and stuff on a wiki. The wiki was something new to all of us including Mrs. Prairie. We had to comment about three times and there were some questions that we had to answer in our comments, we had to comment about three times though out the whole week.

What was the purpose?

The purpose of this activity was quite a lot of stuff. The main thing I think was the whole thing about learning what a wiki is and how it works and what we do on wikis and stuff. So it was like mainly about understanding what a wiki is. We also learnt some stuff from the video that we were supposed to watch. I don’t think Mrs. Prairie chose this video for us to watch just because she likes it, she probably chose it because there is some useful stuff we can learn off of it. Some things that we did actually learn off of it was for example how to cooperate, being patient, trying hard like some interesting stuff because there was like about 9 million random people in Chicago I don’t think they all just followed the girl it was obviously planned and they all had to cooperate, be patient, and work hard so it can be successful.

What did I learn?

Well as I said before in the previous paragraph we learnt from the video that you have to cooperate, be patient, and work hard like these are what I think are the main things you can learn off of that video. It wasn’t something that big it was like an easy wiki because it was our first time and we were trying it out so we just learned I few things. Oh one thing that I think was main as well that I forgot to mention was time management because as you know we were not in school and the first week we were still thinking we were on vacation but the second week things piled up so then we had to manage our time so I think I became better at that.

How could I have learned /done it differently or better??

I don’t think I could have learned differently or done it differently because as I said before it wasn’t a major thing we had just tried it for the first time and it was a new experience and it wasn’t really a project we just had to say we thought about the video so I couldn’t have learned differently or have done it differently.

How does this relate to my goal for this year?

Well this doesn’t really relate to my goal for this year because my goal for this year is thinking before what I say and understand what I’m saying.

No comments: