This is my portfolio.Which has all my reflections for my middle school years. 09/10

Monday, May 24, 2010

Quarter 4


The activity I’m going to reflect on is a project we did on the west ward expansion. This project was done in a group of 4. My group was Reem, Tasneem, Morris and I. this project was done after we learnt all about moving to the west and we got an idea of how things were going then. So after that what we had to do for the project was like every social studies class Mrs. Prairie would read to us a schedule like today this person died and we only had 1 kilo of sugar just for example. So we pretty much acted as if we were a family moving to the west.

The purpose of this activity was so that we can get this information stuck in our heads. We did it in a fun way which till now I remember very well, but if we had just read about the chapter and then moved on I don’t think I would have remembered it till now.

In this project of course I learnt all about the situation of the people and how they lived during the time where they had to move to the west. This whole project was learning about the west so I pretty much learnt all about the west. I also learnt how to cooperate with other group members because this project needed the help of everyone, because each one of us had to do something every day for the project.

I don’t think I could have done this any differently or better, because we got a very good grade, worked very hard on it each day and that showed as the final result. Our project was t he neatest and the best looking project. But if we had to improve something I think it would have been the way we presented our project, because our presentation wasn’t that great.

This project doesn’t relate to my goal for this year, because my goal for this year is to not get lower than a (c-) in all four quarters for math.

No comments: